USS MIDWAY MUSEUM
The USS Midway is in the midst of a 10-year plan to renovate the aircraft carrier into a Naval Museum. The eight ready rooms, that were once used to brief pilots before and after tactical missions, have each been assigned a military sponsor who proudly displays memorabilia from their military past. The VFA-151 Hornet Team consisting of Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Boeing and GE Aircraft Systems sponsors Ready Room 1.
Northrop Grumman wanted a flooring system that would be capable of withstanding over 800,000 visitors yearly. Additionally, they wanted a museum-like finish on their floor that would prominently display their unique logo. Since volunteers maintain the room, they were also in search of a system that required a low level of maintenance.
PCS recommended their exclusive Prestige Collection Flooring System that provides the attractive look of marble at a fraction of the cost. The seamless epoxy floor is easy to clean while providing excellent abrasion resistance.
Marine Decking Products Used:
- IMO UltraLite® – IMO Approved Ultra Lightweight Epoxy Underlayment
- FLEX FR Base Coat – FLEX FR Base Coat
- FLEX FR Color Coat – Pigmented Epoxy Color Flake Receiving Coat
- FLEX FR Sealer – Clear Epoxy Grout Coat
- TuffRez 236® with 220-Grit Aluminum Oxide – Polyurethane Top Coat
View USS Midway Museum Project Profile