TX DOT GALVESTON FERRIES – M/V JOHN JOHNSON
After completing several projects for the TxDOT Galveston Ferries, PCS Construction Group was called on again for flooring work on its newest ferry, the M/V John Johnson.
- Installed ramps around doorways, including entrances, bathrooms & stairways to prevent trip hazards
- Created a custom blended color flake pattern to match the exterior paint colors
- Placed several custom, hand-painted TxDOT logos throughout the ferry
- PCS completes various decking renovations for USCGC Hamilton
Additional considerations included the use of products that conform to A60 Fire Resistant ratings, IMO and Coast Guard Approved products. Surfaces need to be corrosion, salt water, and abrasion resistant — and waterproof. Flooring needed to be slip-resistant. Ramps, in particular, had to reduce trip hazards and be uniformly incorporated into the poured epoxy system.
All flooring work performed by PCS needed to be precisely planned and completed because it occurred in conjunction with other trades, tasks and activities.
Marine Decking Products Used:
- IMO Epoxy Underlayment
- IMO Epoxy Color Flake System
View TxDOT – Galveston Ferries – M/V John Johnson Project Profile