After successfully completing flooring & living quarters upgrades on several Transocean rigs, PCS was again selected by Transocean to perform IMO flooring repairs on Discoverer Spirit.
- Project size: 4,500 SF
- Project specs: remove and replace several types of existing floor coverings and underlayment that failed due to moisture intrusion, heavy traffic and maintenance issues
- Existing floor finishes: ceramic tile, vinyl and carpet
- Areas upgraded: male and female change rooms, ET and electrical shops, aft common office, conference room, and bathroom
Key Considerations for the project included the following:
Maintenance/Safety: Transocean chose to upgrade to a flooring system that provided a longer life span, required less maintenance, and prevented corrosion and bacterial growth.
IMO Approvals: The new flooring system needed to be IMO and U.S. Coast Guard approved.
Project Timeline: This project needed to be completed while the drillship was being towed from its current location in the Gulf of Mexico to its new location in West Africa.
Construction Management: Transocean preferred a turnkey upgrade service for the complete removal and installation of flooring in the specified areas.
Marine Decking Products Used:
- IMO CLAD – IMO Approved Epoxy Underlayment
- PolySpec® FLEX IMO – IMO Approved Flexible Decorative Chip Seamless Floor
View Transocean Discoverer Spirit Project Profile
… back to profiles page