After successfully completing flooring & living quarters upgrades on several Transocean rigs – and the drillship Discoverer Spirit, PCS was selected to perform IMO flooring repairs on Deepwater Pathfinder.
- Project size: 800 SF
- Project specs: remove and replace existing floor coverings and underlayment that failed due to moisture intrusion
- Existing floor finishes: ceramic tile and sheet vinyl
- Areas upgraded: laundry room and medic area
Key Considerations for the project included the following:
Maintenance/Safety: Transocean needed to upgrade to a flooring system that would minimize future moisture intrusion and therefore provide a longer life span.
IMO Approvals: The new flooring system needed to be IMO and U.S. Coast Guard approved.
Project Timeline: This project needed to be completed in the least amount of time possible since the laundry room would be shut down during the flooring upgrade.
Construction Management: Transocean preferred a turnkey upgrade service for the complete removal and installation of flooring in the specified areas. PCS partnered with Stallion Offshore to provide a temporary laundry unit.
Marine Decking Products Used:
- PolySpec® IMO Waterproofing Membrane
- PolySpec® FLEX IMO – IMO Approved Flexible Decorative Chip Seamless Floor
View Transocean Deepwater Pathfinder Project Profile
… back to profiles page