Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. In one of their facilities, spills from 98% sulfuric acid had removed about 1/8 inch of concrete surfacing down to the aggregate. In addition, the area had to be pitched to the drains.
TuffRez® 200 was selected as a resurfacer to replace the removed concrete and create a new slope. A cove base was installed using Thiokol® 2235M, topcoated with Thiokol® FEC 2234 embedded with engineering fabric. Finally, a new lining system using NovoRez® 351 was installed. Through testing, this coating has proven to have long-term resistance to concentrated sulfuric acid.
Industrial Flooring Products Used:
- PolySpec® 300EX – Epoxy Performance Primer for Concrete
- TuffRez® 200 – Epoxy Topping Binder
- Thiokol® 2235M – Industrial Polysulfide Joint Sealant, Non-Sag
- Thiokol® FEC 2234 – Concrete and Steel Coating/Membrane, Flexible Epoxy
- NovoRez® 351 – Concrete Coating, Acid Resistant
View Entergy Corporation Project Profile
… back to profiles page